Full Idiot's Guide to Atlanta

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Carter Center




There are a host of things that I never expected to learn here. For example, learning about former President Jimmy Carter's lifelong commitment to human rights. Random, I know.

I visited the Carter Center Museum, a gorgeously-landscaped
building holding multiple exhibits of President Carter's term, his election campaign, his dinner parties at the White House with lovely First Lady Rosalynn, and a room-size imitation of the Oval Office with Jimmy Carter's disembodied voice telling his first impressions of being in the presidency.

Favorite Quote from the Carter Center, among many:

"What those who are suffering fear the most...is silence."
--Jimmy Carter


Random picture of the day:
The biggest skink I've ever seen--scared me out of my wits, and then I took its picture


Back to the abbreviated Idiot's Guide to Atlanta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home