Full Idiot's Guide to Atlanta

Monday, July 31, 2006

The Hidden ATL





My brother and I decided to use up a little down-time by taking a walk. We found this beautiful lake, a forest rife with trails and even a secret society hangout!!

Wandering around the lake (which I NEVER would have expected when he and I saw the adjoining highway!) there were Canadian geese, little turtles and even some birds of prey.

We ventured across a classic log-bridge to find a tall stone tower with broken windows and empty doorjambs. Inside were written some very suspicious Latin phrases (I only remember "mordus"--is that death?) as well as the statements "Secrecy," "Loyalty," and other characteristic secret society jargon. So cool--my brother and I felt like quite the spies.

You must admit my brother just proves his awesomeness to go on a nice mosey in the woods with his sister rather than vegging in front of the TV or snoozing. We had a great time and due to the horrific heat (I think it was hovering around 99 degrees F) virtually had the lake to ourselves. There's not enough I can say about the wonderful outdoors and my sibling--yay!

Back to the Idiot's Guide to Atlanta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home